1/20/16

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 1/21

Image source

Why do I so quickly 
see the problem,
remember the hurt,
rehearse the pain,
dwell on the negative,
feed my anxiety
and fret in fear?

Why am I so slow, Lord,
to see your hand,
receive your grace,
treasure past joys,
rejoice in every healing,
ponder your truth,
lean on your strength,
and place my troubled heart
in your loving care?

Lift me up, Lord,
   out of all that keeps me down...

Open my eyes to see
   the beauty of your face...

Lift my hands and heart
   to you in prayer and to others in service...

Open my ears
  to your Spirit's whisper within me...

Touch my mind and heart
   where I'm most in need of healing...

Open my mouth
   to declare and sing your praise...

Remind me, every day,
   of all my joys and blessings, old and new...

Give me strength to live
   one day, one hour at a time...

Lift me up, Lord,
   out of all that keeps me down
and let my spirit find its joy
   in you and in your love...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

2 comments:

  1. For many years I have commenced my morning prayer with your Pause for Prayer. Today's post is a prayer for all day - morning, noon and night and in between - very powerful. Thanks Austin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comments like yours, Bob, make all the time and effort I put into this MORE than worth the while! Thank you!

      Delete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!