10/12/16

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 10/13

Image source

Lord, your power can do immeasurably more
than I can ask or imagine...

I won't ask you to move any mountains
or solve all my problems
or grant me my every wish...

I only pray you'll use your power
to mold and make me:
more faithful in keeping my word,
more generous in helping the poor,
more truthful, fair and just,
more persevering when things go awry,
more confident in worry and doubt,
more sincere in all my relationships,
more loyal to family and friends,
more forgiving of those who have hurt me,
more pure in my motives,
   my words and my deeds,
more joyful when things go well,
more patient in trials and suffering,
more understanding when times are hard,
more compassionate in helping my neighbor,
more courageous in saying and doing
   what's right,
quicker to praise, slower to criticize,
kinder to all,
gentler with others
more faithful to prayer,
more open in love,
more attentive to you,
   to your Word and your Spirit...

Lord, I won't ask you to move any mountains
or solve all my problems
or grant me my every wish...

I only pray you'll use your power
to make of me immeasurably more
than I might ask or even imagine...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!