11/1/22

Pause for Prayer: ALL SOULS DAY 11/2

While November wraps its damp shroud
‘round nature’s shrugged shoulders:
our souls know well the chill, Lord,
of summer gone and winter coming near...

Bare limbs scratch against gray skies,
and snatch the mourner’s veil
from hearts laid bare in shivering loss,
alone, exposed in grief…

November, Lord: no other month
could better claim the name All Souls
or set the scene for praying, weeping,
grieving those before us gone,
marked with faith's redeeming Cross…
 
So this November morning, Lord,
I offer you my loved ones:
    created by your hand, 
    claimed by saving grace
    now held, I pray, in your embrace…

I offer you from my heart's depths
    the ones I can't let go…

I offer from my hands to yours
    the ones whose hands held mine...

I offer you my prayer of tears
    for those whose absence haunts my days…

I offer from my aching heart
the ones I hurt and bruised:
    I pray you heal the wounds I caused,
    and in your mercy, pardon me... 

I offer you a prayer, O Lord,
for those with none to pray for them:
    brothers, sisters never met,
    yet sisters, brothers nonetheless
    for all are one in you...

I offer you all souls who wait
    your final healing touch
    to ready them for heaven,
    for life with you forever,
    for peace that has no end...

(Take a few moments now to remember,
to write down or speak aloud,
the names of those who've died,
for whom you pray this All Souls Day...)

I offer you my grief, O Lord:
    refresh me in your care
    and help me trust I'll see again
    the ones I've lost, for whom I pray,
    when gathered in your kingdom's peace
    we'll all be one in you,
    in joy for ever more...

Amen.

For your prayer this day: Pie Jesu from Requiem by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Below are the words in Latin and English.

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!



Pie Jesu,
    qui tollis peccata mundi,
    dona eis requiem.
Agnus Dei,
    qui tollis peccata mundi,
    dona eis requiem,
    sempiternam, sempiternam requiem.

Sweet Jesus,
    you take away the sins of the world,
    give them rest.
Lamb of God,
    you take away the sins of the world,
    give them rest,
    eternal rest.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!