7/6/15

Monday Morning Offering: July 6

Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Sometimes, Lord,
I feel these little nudges,
prompts and pokes
and I know they come from you
because they poke me when I need a push,
nudge me where I need to go
and prompt me on the things I need to do...

I offer thanks this morning, Lord
for all the ways you press upon my heart
and gently pull me free of fears that bind
and blind me to your joy...

Grace - the word for all your prodding, Lord:
your gifts of peace and love,
your Spirit keeping, saving me
from all the selfish folly
of my own designs and doings...

Does even one day pass
that you don't stir within my soul,
dropping hints within my heart
to move my mind to muse
upon your presence all around?

Is any moment empty
of the whisper of your wisdom
nudging me beyond myself
to serve as I've not served,
to give as I've not given,
to love as I've not thought my heart could love?

Poke, push, prompt and prod me, Lord,
to waken to your word
calling me to life more joyful, free and faithful
than all my days thus far...

Open wide my eyes and ears to those
whose paths cross mine,
who may not yet have felt the gentle press
your grace now places on their hearts...

Good God of Monday morning
and of every starry night,
I praise you for the gift and grace
of every day this week…

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!