9/14/20

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/15

Image source

I have more ways than I know, Lord,
of keeping myself from truths
that would challenge and change my life:
how I see it, how I live it...

My biases and prejudice,
partialities and mindsets, shield me
from what I just don't want to see
or hear or learn or know...

I believe the truth will set me free
but there are far too many ways
I keep the truth from seeping in
to shape and change, to mold my mind and heart...

Send your Spirit's fire and light,
burning bright, to shine with truth
upon my mind's ideas and thoughts,
upon my heart's desires and passions...

Send your truth to set me free, Lord,
let your Spirit come with grace today,
to challenge and to change the ways
I see my life and live it...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!