5/9/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 5/9


 
(On Sundays, Night Prayer takes its inspiration from
an element of that day's mass. Tonight we'll pray with
Michael Joncas' song, There Is No Greater Love.)
 
I love this song, Lord!
 
There's something about the melody line,
how it weaves its way into my heart,
braiding my prayer with your word
 
'til your command to love as you've loved me 
seems less a demand and more 
an offer of friendship inviting,
 
choosing me to share with you
the joy born of giving, 
of laying down one's life
as you laid your life down for me...

That's some melody line, Lord!
 
It's led me, brought me, seduced me 
to the foot of your Cross,
drawing me close to love 
deeper and greater
than any other love I've known,
inviting me to live and give in ways
greater than any love I've shared before...
 
There's no greater love, Lord,
no greater love
than to lay down my life for a friend...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

There Is No Greater Love  by Michael Joncas

  

There is no greater love, says the Lord,
than to lay down your life for a friend.
There is no greater love, no greater love, 
than to lay down your life for a friend. 
 
As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Live on in my love.
You will live in my love if you keep my commands,
even as I have kept my Father's. 
 
All this I tell you that my joy may be yours and your joy may be complete. 
Love one another as I have loved you: This is my command. 
 
You are my friends if you keep my commands
no longer slaves but friends to me.
All I heard from my Father, I have made known to you:
Now I call you friends. 
 
It was not you who chose me, it was I who chose you,
chose you to go forth and bear fruit
Your fruit must endure, so you will receive
all you ask the Father in my name.


 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!