1/22/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 1/22


There's a genuine blessing, Lord,
in spending time with an old friend,
one familiar with all the joys and sorrows
shared together over the years, over decades,
- a genuine grace and blessing:
        the blessing of roots and stability      
            in an ever-changing, quickly-passing world;
        the blessing of tested confidence
            when trust's in short supply;
        the blessing of companionship
            when loneliness becomes too close a friend;
        the blessing of faithfulness
            when loyalty's a rare and precious gift;
        the blessing of joy in just remembering
            all that's brought us to this day;
        the blessing of true friendship shared
            in word and deed and silence...

But the greatest of all blessings, Lord
    is found in time I spend with you, 
        my oldest, dearest, faithful friend...
 
You've always been and always are
    and always will be there for me
in all we share, good times and bad,
    in spirit, words and silence...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Two options for music this evening:
    1) a delightful friendship song by Bruno Mars  
    2) a religious classic, What A Friend We Have In Jesus
 
If  two videos don't appear below, click here!
 

 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!