1/29/22

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 1/29

Image: Squirrel Basket


Dust of Snow
 
The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
 
- Robert Frost
 
 

Let's pause for prayer...

    Everyone's complaining 'bout the weather, Lord:
        too much snow, too much ice, 
        too much wind and cold!
 
    In the midst of it all
    (and the trouble it brings)
    send just one bird to bless me,
    with a dusting of snow to remind me:
        it's yours, O Lord, and it will melt 
        and water the earth to birth the spring
        with shade trees, sun and flowers
        - and promise of the summer's fruit...  
 
    In the midst of it all, 
    send a messenger, Lord,
    to touch my heart,
    to change my mood and save me
    lest I rue the power, the beauty, the grace
    in every flake that falls 
    in winter's snow...

    Amen. 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!