8/12/07

Go forth and preach!


Those of you who worshipped at Holy Family this weekend heard my homily which included the only souvenir of my two week's vacation: a box of Jesus Band-Aids. After Mass I stopped to pick up the Sunday NY Times and ran into a dad and his daughter who had just been at the 10:30. Dad mentioned that another daughter had stayed at home and her sister and I joked about the good-daughter/not-so-good-daughter comparison. Having picked up the Times and a few other items I went out to my car and on the front seat was my box of Jesus band-aids.

IDEA!

I took out a band-aid and returned to the store and gave it to the young woman I'd just spoken to and told her, "Your job is to take this band-aid home and share my homily with your sister." She and her dad were thrilled and accepted the mission I had given them.

Well, I don't have a Jesus band-aid to give each of you (although the graphic is above!) but you are hereby commissioned to go share with someone else your experience of scripture and sacrament at Mass today. If you want to share with us what happens, come back here and click on COMMENTS.

4 comments:

  1. what was the "free toy inside"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew someone would ask about that!
    The freebie in my band-aid box was a small plastic statue of Jesus. It was too small to use visually in my homily - and it didn't contribute to the theme, so I didn't mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Concord Pastor's request sort of reminds me of the movie, "Pay it Forward." He wants us to send his message to others. But in the movie, we do something nice for someone, and then that person is supposed to do something nice to someone else. I think the concord pastor has a great idea ... in sending the message to people. I also think the "pay it forward," idea is wonderful. You do something nice for someone anonymously, and they do the same for someone else. Kind of a nice way to live your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice metaphor with the Jesus Band-Aids. There is a balm in Gilead...

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!