9/11/07

God, grant me serenity...



I was at a meeting today which included several artists. The conversation centered on the restoration of a particular piece of sculpture. I was grateful that the artists spoke in terms that helped me easily understand the process they were describing. I learned a lot!

One of the artists, a man I only met today, was one of the most peaceful human beings I've ever met. His manner was easy, his speech gently paced and his body language completely relaxed. The way he engaged and interacted with others had a kind of simple reverence about it. When the meeting was over and he had left, I said to a friend, "I would be happy if, for one day, I had the serenity that man must have in his heart...?

Have you ever found yourself in the presence of such a person?

I'm not one who sees or believes in "auras" but something about this man made it a genuine blessing to be in his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!