10/10/07

Morning Prayer



O, good God, good morning!


You've given me another day to live,
Lord:
a day to shape into something beautiful,

a day to serve others, a day to give you thanks,

a day in the life of me and you, Lord.


How would you have me spend my day, Lord?

With whom would you have me share it?

Along what path will your Spirit draw me?

Close to whose heart will your heart lead me?


What word would you have me speak this day?

What quiet time together have you planned for us?

What tears might I cry today, Lord?

And with what joy will you touch my soul?


When I'm tired today, Lord, give me strength.

When I'm moving too fast, slow me down.

When I'm saying too much, let me know.

When I need to speak, give me words to say.


Give me patience with this day's routine, Lord,

and open my eyes to see what is fresh and new.

Because this day comes from your hand, it is blessed

and because I can offer it back to you, it is a gift.


O, good God, good morning!

Keep me safe until I say good night...

- Concord Pastor

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful prayer to start the day....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Concord Pastor. YOU are God's gift to all who tune in to your blog and everyone in your parish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely words to a moving a meaningful prayer. I thank God for each day he gives me to use to the best of my abilities. Just being able to breathe and enjoy each new day's beauty is a true gift from God. The least we can do is to make the most of it and this will be our gift to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Concord Pastor, for such a beautiful prayer. We are blessed to have you share so unselfishly your gifts and talents with us. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the prayer,
    Every morning I thank God for giving me another day. I ask Him to direct me where he wants me to go and what he wants me to do so that others may see in me a glimps of what the Lord wants. I find it to be a good way to focus on doing things the way Jesus would want me to do them.
    I end every day by asking God for His forgiveness. As we all know, we can never be and do all He wants us to do. Even Mother Teresa struggled with that. But by acknowledging the complexities and realities of myself and the way I live, I know that throughout the day, God understands my wants, needs, struggles, failures and successes. And, because of that I do believe He grants forgiveness simply because I am doing the best I can.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!