1/16/08

Cheez whiz! *



Including the one you're reading, I have published 529 posts since July 19, 2007.

I have written about things both ridiculous and sublime: I am, after all, a Catholic. I have posted poetry and song, videos and cartoons. I have written about the tragic and the joyful, the sacred and the profane. I have offered prayers and reflections on the mysteries of faith. I have linked you to a variety of thoughts, commentary and news items.

But of all these posts, none has elicited more comments than my recent musings on a grilled cheese sandwich...

Go figure!

* No self-respecting grilled cheese sandwich lover would ever think of making a grilled cheese with Cheez Whiz!

4 comments:

  1. Its because there is a deep need right now for some "comfort food" and the tomato soup and cheese sandwich ( with or without relish) is one of the primal "comfort foods.." lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto...This weather cries for comfort food and everything comfort. Cheese wiz is nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter likes tuna salad in her grilled cheese sandwich. Another time I put pepperoni and mozzarella in a grilled sandwich and gave her pizza sauce for dipping.

    One of my favorites is swiss on grilled raisin bread.

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I haven't had it for years, I used to like Cheez Whiz on crackers. Going back even further does anyone remember Velveeta Cheese? Never had it in a grilled cheese, but did have it as a sandwich with lettuce and a little mayo.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!