1/12/08

New Word for the Week


(Click on the image for a larger version but be careful: you might get wet! Image courtesy of bibleteacher.com)

The new Word for the Week can be found at the top of the sidebar.

Although the letter to Titus was not a "Christmas card" from St. Paul, it sums up beautifully the heart of the Christmas message as it breaks forth from the manger scene and blossoms in the hope that is ours in the Christ. The deep baptismal imagery here, the bath of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit is critical for our understanding of this weekend's celebration of the Baptism of the Lord. For an image of this theology, see this post below.

3 comments:

  1. What an extraordinary picture of the Baptism of Christ and the Holy Spirit shining through the sky. Especially beautiful when you click to enlarge. I'd love to get the print of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, thanks for your comment! It made me realize I hadn't given a source for the graphic. I've added that now but when you go to the site I think you'll find that everything they do is electronic - I couldn't find a way of ordering a print but maybe you'll discover it there. That image is offered as a freebie so you could print it out on a color printer or even have it done professionally. I agree: it's a dramatic image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...it is quite a dramatic print and I think I have someone who can print it out. Since I think I know who Grace is, I will get a print for you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!