2/7/08

Return to me, says the Lord, and I will return to you...



Good morning, Lord..

It is the second day of Lent and I need to talk to you,
I want to pray...

Through laziness and sin I have turned away from you in many ways.
Wake me to your presence, Lord:
help me turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel.

I want to come home from the places where I have wandered, Lord,
to find the place you keep for me in your heart...
Light the path I need to walk...

I know that even when I feel far away from you, you are by my side:
over me, under me, before me and behind me...
Open my eyes, my ears, my mind and heart to your presence...

Meet me today, Lord, and if I pass you by,
tap me on the shoulder and whisper my name...

Help me to pray on each of these 40 days, Lord,
that I might learn to speak to you every day...
Keep me faithful to my Lenten fasting,
that I might always hunger for what truly matters...
Open me to those in need
and put a generous and steadfast spirit in my heart...

Through laziness and sin I have turned away from you in many ways.
Wake me to your presence, Lord:
help me turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel.

-Concord Pastor

The scripture in the title of this post comes from Zechariah 1:3

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the gentle, confession-like verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pray to wake to. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Concord Pastor. You left out one word "Open me to those in (need). I have just attended the fourth session of our Mission and realize I need to do much work this Lent. One of the things I find most difficult is establishing a personal relationship with God (Jesus.) I pray a lot, go to Mass, etc., but I still don't seem to have a real conversation with either God the Father or Jesus. In your poetry you convey that you do. Any insight on how to achieve a personal (one-to-one) would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I might have to informal way with God and Jesus. I tend to talk to them when I am driving. It is a time that I know that I am captive and cannot do anything else. I tend to multitask- maybe too much. I need to work on setting aside a special time of day that is more formal and less incidental.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!