2/29/08

Saturday of the Third Week of Lent



Icon: Mother of God, Light of Darkness by William Hart McNichols, also the author of the prayer below.

It would be well to turn our Lenten attention to Mary, Mother of God, Mother of Jesus and Mother of us all. This beautiful prayer expands the simple plea in the Hail Mary: "Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death."

Mother of God,
Light in all darkness,
shelter Christ, our flame of hope,
with your tender hands.
And in our times of dread and nightmares,
let him be our dream of comfort.
And in our times
of physical pain and suffering,
let him be our healer.
And in our times of separation from God
and one another,
let him be our communion.

-William Hart McNichols

1 comment:

  1. Mary is very important to me as I speak to Her each day as I say my daily prayers. This I will add to those prayers. I try to say the rosary each day, but am not always good at following through. This prayer is beautiful, and has much to say to many people. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!