2/15/08

Word for the Week of February 17



(Click here to view the interesting series from which the image above is taken.)

I'm not sure if every Word for the Week in Lent will be as brief a text as this week's and last - but these short texts can be challenging:
Beloved:
Bear your share of hardship for the gospel

with the strength that comes from God...
(2 Timothy 1:8)

What is the hardship entailed in living the gospel?
How would I name it? How would I name it in my life?
What hardship do I bear for the sake of the gospel?
What hardship do I avoid?
What strength does God offer me, what strength do I need
first to recognize the hardship and then to bear it?
Will this Lent be a time for me to understand this Word in my life?

-ConcordPastor

3 comments:

  1. Liked the series from which your visual was taken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too linked the link to the full series of images and captions related to the graphic.

    Perhaps you should make that entire series a blog entry for more to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just took the time to link to the original spot. I liked the sequence a lot. Can't be reducing the hardship and expect good results...

    Great homily today and awesome evening prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!