3/29/08

Word for the Week of March 30



The Incredulity of Thomas by Aidan Hart (Click on image for larger version) Of interest: about half of the paintings and icons of "Doubting Thomas" are titled, "The Incredulity of Thomas."

A new Word for the Week has been posted on the side bar. I've selected the words Jesus speaks to his disciples when he appears to them first with Thomas absent and then with the doubter present.

Such are the words of Jesus when he appears to those who had denied, abandoned and doubted him -- those who were in hiding, like cowards, out of fear. Rather than point a finger of accusation or blame at their infidelities, Jesus invites Thomas to use his finger and hands to probe the merciful wounds in the Savior's side and hands...

If you are looking for an image of unconditional love... here it is: for the disciples, for Thomas, for you...

-ConcordPastor

1 comment:

  1. I like the story of Thomas... it is one I can identify with!
    This time in a week I will be en route to Singapore, then Paris. About mid-April I will start walking the Camino of St James from Le Puy in France. In Le Puy itself, I will be paying close attention, as a priest I have met here is of the Marist order, and he has told me about how they have their origins in Le Puy. Time has passed very quickly and my adventure soon begins!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!