4/24/08

Art in the Reign of Philip III - and on blogs!



One of the elements of blogging that I enjoy the most is searching for illustrations for my posts. (This sometimes consumes more time than did writing the post!)

In the course of this work I've been fortunate enough to learn a little bit about art and artists and even to develop some favorites. There's an exhibition currently at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston featuring the work of an artist I've used here on my blog: El Greco.

I'm looking forward to getting away some afternoon by myself to see the exhibition. As vivid as are the reproductions here and as amazing as it is to have such art as a resource, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the work of this master in its original, not virtual, form.

-ConcordPastor

1 comment:

  1. When I read the announcement of the MFA exhibition, I thought of your use of works by the artist. Just yesterday I put it at the top of my list of "to-dos". Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!