6/22/08

Summer time... and the livin' is easy...


Image by Erin McDaniel

Summer has officially arrived and I've been fortunate enough to spend summer's first days on Nantucket where I'm celebrating the wedding of Bryan and Casey. When I'm back and have the time, I'll tell you a little bit about the wedding, some great food and a new drink: a Lemon Meringue Pie!

For a little "summertime" music, check the sidebar and hear Anne Brow's rendition of the Gershwin classic from Porgy and Bess.

Update:
Couldn't get the link on the sidebar up so here's another rendition of Summertime from the Gershwins' Porgy and Bess...

5 comments:

  1. Father,
    Perhaps you could use your blog to remind people of the start of the Year of St. Paul June 29. Attending The Family Conference at St. Mary's, Waltham, plus prayer, confession and Mass will permit the faithful to gain a special plenary indulgence. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done it for me. More information can be found in The Boston Pilot, for which there's a link on the sidebar.

    We anticipated the Pauline year in my parish with a series of five presentations on St. Paul delivered by Michael O'Laughlin, Th.D. in Lent and enthusiastically received by the 50+ people who participated in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to hearing about your weekend on Nantucket. Read in the Globe that there was a film festival going on the same weekend. Did you encounter any of the celebs?! Though you were missed, it was good to see Fr. Mahoney again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'm part of a rotation of pastors in town who share a weekly column in the local paper, The Concord Journal. A few times I've reworked a post from my blog as my piece for the paper. This week my piece reports on my weekend on Nantucket but I want to wait until the Journal is published before putting it up here.

    Not in the CJ piece, however, is the tidbit that I saw William H. Macy at 21 Federal. He was a few tables away. Kept my eye open for Alec Baldwin but our paths didn't cross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I look forward to reading about your Nantucket weekend in CJ!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!