12/21/08

Daily Advent Evening Prayer - Fourth Sunday


Image: midtribulation



(More information on the O Antiphons)

December 21
O Oriens



“O Radiant Dawn, splendor of eternal light, sun of justice: come, shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death.”

Oh, come, O Dayspring from on high,
And cheer us by your drawing nigh,

Disperse the gloomy clouds of night,

And death's dark shadows put to flight.


Isaiah had prophesied, “The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shown.” (9:1).

Rise like the dawn, Lord,
and let the rays of your sun
warm the chill in my heart,
the sadness in my soul...

Disperse the clouds of fear and anxiety,
chase from the corners of my heart
whatever keeps me from the joy you bring...

Draw me from my own darkness
into the light of your presence
and let me know the peace you offer me...

In these dark December days
and in all the seasons of my soul,
d
raw near, Lord, warm and bright,
and be the light upon my path...


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!