12/17/08

The O Antiphons: Wisdom!


Image by Web410


December 17
O Sapientia



“O Wisdom, O holy Word of God, you govern all creation with your strong yet tender care. Come and show your people the way to salvation.”

O, come, O Wisdom from on high,
Who orders all things mightily;

To us the path of knowledge show,
and teach us in her ways to go.


Isaiah had prophesied, “The spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him: a spirit of wisdom and of understanding, a spirit of counsel and of strength, a spirit of knowledge and fear of the Lord, and his delight shall be the fear of the Lord.” (11:2-3), and “Wonderful is His counsel and great is His wisdom.” (28:29).

Be generous with your Wisdom, Lord,
and in these short, dark December days
let her light shine upon my path
so I might walk where she leads me...

May she bring order to my chaos,
faith to my doubt, reason to my foolishness
and truth to my questions...

May she shape my heart and mind
with divine counsel, with knowledge of your ways,
and with the strength of conviction...

Let Wisdom be my guide and companion,
the star that leads me to you
in this holy Advent time
and in all the seasons of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!