12/14/08

A man named John was sent from God...


Image by and used with the permission of Dean Zachary

I had originally intended to use this image for posting my homily but I went with the TomTom graphic - not because I think it's more beautiful than the one above but because I knew that some readers wouldn't be familiar with a TomTom.

But Dean Zachary's offering is so fine that I offer it here, with his permission, and for your prayerful consideration. The determined, focused gaze in John's eyes speaks his message without his parting his lips. And the inset, for emphasis, reminds us that here is the one whose voice cried out in the wilderness. Click on the image for a larger version and let John's eyes look into your soul with his word: Prepare in the wilderness a highway for our God!

A man named John was sent from God.
He came for testimony, to testify to the light,
so that all might believe through him.
He was not the light,
but came to testify to the light.

Priests and Levites came to him
and asked, “Who are you?”
He admitted and did not deny it,
but admitted, “I am not the Christ.”
So they asked him,
“What are you then? Are you Elijah?”
And he said, “I am not.”
“Are you the Prophet?”
He answered, “No.”
So they said to him,
“Who are you, so we can give an answer to those who sent us?
What do you have to say for yourself?”
He said:
“I am the voice of one crying out in the desert,
‘make straight the way of the Lord,’”

as Isaiah the prophet said.”

-ConcordPastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!