3/22/09

Daily Prayer in Lent - Sunday, Week Four


Word for the Season
Even now, says the LORD,
return to me with your whole heart...
Joel 2:12











Word for the Day
God, who is rich in mercy,
because of the great love he had for us,
even when we were dead in our transgressions,
brought us to life with Christ
raised us up with him,
and seated us with him in the heavens in Christ Jesus
- by grace we have been saved!
(see today's readings for Ephesisan 2)

Reflection
"...even when we were dead in our sins..."
There is no moment when God's mercy
fails to reach to save us...

There is no day or night when God's mercy
is not offered to us
fully and freely...

There is no sin beyond the reach
of the mercy of God
who loves me even in my transgressions...

Prayer
I return to you today, Lord,
with a heart I sometimes hide
for fear you will know its secrets,
my secrets...

My heart would pretend
some way to keep you from knowing,
from seeing where my heart needs healing...

Would I go to the doctor, Lord,
and hide my pain, my wound,
my weakness?

Help me trust
that my sins build no wall
to keep you out, Lord;
that my need for mercy invites
and never puts off your presence...

Lift me out of my fear
and into your arms, Lord
and let me know again
the joy of your peace within me...

I trust you, Lord,
and pray you will trust me
to return to you this Lent, day by day,
with my whole heart...
Amen. 2009LentPostCollection

Image: Gwen Meharg

-ConcordPastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!