3/4/09

Daily Prayer in Lent - Wednesday, Week Two


Word for the Season
Even now, says the LORD,
return to me with your whole heart...
Joel 2:12










Word for the Day

A clean heart create for me, O God,
and a steadfast spirit renew within me.
(see today's readings for Psalm 51)

Reflection
It's all God's work!
And it's so easy to forget that...
It's so easy to think that I have to do it all,
when what I really need to do
is get out of the way and let God do
what God does best...
And what God does best is to
create, nurture, heal, refresh and renew
the life of the Trinity within me...

Prayer
Is is too much to ask, Lord, that you might, this Lent,
- create a new heart within me?
- nourish all that makes my heart grow strong?
- make steadfast my heart, grown weak and shaky?
- heal my heart's broken pieces?
- renew what's grown stale within in my heart?
- refresh your heart-felt blessings, received long ago?

No, this is not too much to ask
for I know you desire nothing less for me this Lent.
Open me, Lord, to what you desire
that I might receive a new heart born of your own...

I trust you, Lord,
and pray you will trust me
to return to you this Lent, day by day,
with my whole heart...
Amen. 2009LentPostCollection

Image: Gwen Meharg

-ConcordPastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!