4/9/09

Daily Prayer in Lent - Holy Thursday Morning


Word for the Season
Even now, says the LORD,
return to me with your whole heart...
Joel 2:12










Word for the Day

Even now, says the Lord,
return to me with your whole heart...
(see the Ash Wednesday readings for Joel 2:12)

Reflection
At sundown today, Lent comes to a close
and the Paschal Triduum begins...

These daily prayers have been rooted
in verses from each day's scriptures for Mass,
all under the umbrella of Joel 2:12...

Returning to the Lord is a life-long work
to which we pay special attention
in the spiritual spring time of Lent...

May the journey of these past six weeks
strengthen us in the Paschal season when,
as in all times, we make our way back to the Lord...

Prayer
I return to you, Lord,
on this last day of the Lenten spring,
knowing how much farther I have to go
and, I hope, how far I have come this Lent...

I have tried, day by day, to return to you from my heart,
with pieces and portions of my heart and soul,
slowly but surely handing over to you
my heart's need for your help and healing...

I've not yet given all of my heart into your hands:
I hold back because I am afraid to let go
and I hold close what I'm slow to disclose...

But even then I trust, I know
that you see into the depths of my soul, Lord,
and know better than I
how much I need to trust in your care for me...

I come to this Paschal feast
stronger in my faith in your
and wiser in knowing how much more
I need to grow...

For your companionship this Lent, Lord,
I praise and thank you
and I pray and trust you will continue
to walk close by my side...

I trust you, Lord,
and pray you will trust me
to return to you this Eastertide, day by day,
with my whole heart...
Amen. 2009LentPostCollection

Image: Gwen Meharg

-ConcordPastor

1 comment:

  1. Thank you CP, for providing us with these beautiful and thoughtful reflections and prayers throughout Lent and especially for the many reminders of our chances to begin anew to keep Lent. I know the Triduum at Holy Family will be a blessing to many. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!