4/1/09

Daily Prayer in Lent - Wednesday, Week Five


Word for the Season
Even now, says the LORD,
return to me with your whole heart...
Joel 2:12










Word for the Day

If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples,
and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
(see today's readings for John 8 )

Reflection
One verse, two lines
in which things true appear three times...

First a connection between the word
and truly being a disciple of Jesus...

Then the truth that's born
of knowing the word...

And then the freedom born
of the truth we've come to know...

Prayer
I return to you today, Lord,
with a heart not always faithful
to your word,
yet a heart that wants to follow you...

Let your word be a shelter for me
when times are tough...

Let your word be a stream for me
when my souls thirsts for refreshment...

Let your word be a dwelling
where I find a home and hear
your knock upon my heart's door...

May I answer every time you knock
and welcome in the truth
you come to speak...

Open me to your truth,
especially when my own lies
are confusing me...

Let the truth you speak free me
from my confusion, my loneliness,
my disappointment and my fears...

Speak your word, Lord,
and let its truth echo
deep in my soul...

Free me with sound of your voice
and, truly, I will become
a disciple of your word...

I trust you, Lord,
and pray you will trust me
to return to you this Lent, day by day,
with my whole heart...
Amen. 2009LentPostCollection

Image: Gwen Meharg

-ConcordPastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!