5/1/09

Ave Maria: May, the month of Mary



The month of May is customarily a special time for devotion to the Blessed Virgin. My parish will have a May Procession (and ice cream social to follow!) on Sunday, May 17.

You may remember that last year I posted a series of different musical settings and performances of the Ave Maria, in preparation for a concert in my parish marking the feast of Mary's birthday on September 8. During this Marian season of May, I'll be recalling one of those musical settings every few days for our prayer and devotion here.

Above, you hear Kathleen Battle and Christopher Parkening performing the Bach-Gounod Ave Maria at the 1987 Grammy Awards.

-ConcordPastor

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Ave....I have fond memories of the May procession. I once carried the crown.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!