Image source: SheepShed
Here are four varied and beautiful settings of Psalm 23 for this Good Shepherd Sunday. The last is an instrumental version and so I've included the lyrics.
1. The King of love my shepherd is,
Whose goodness fails me never;
I nothing lack if I am his,
And he is mine forever.
2. Where streams of living water flow
With gentle care he leads me,
And where the verdant pastures grow,
With heav’nly food he feeds me.
3. Perverse and foolish I have strayed,
But yet in love he sought me,
And on his shoulder gently laid,
And home, rejoicing, brought me.
4. In death’s dark vale I fear no ill
With you, dear Lord, beside me;
Your rod and staff my comfort still,
Your cross before to guide me.
5. You spread a table in my sight,
Your saving grace bestowing;
And O what joy and true delight
From your pure chalice flowing!
6. And so through all the length of days
Your goodness fails me never:
Good Shepherd, may I sing your praise
Within your house forever.
Posted by Concord Pastor at 9:11 PM