6/22/09

Monday Morning Offering - 52


Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

I meet so many folks who are trying, Lord:

trying to stay on the right path,
trying to take a step in a new direction…

trying to begin, or begin again,
something
(even a simple thing)
so very hard to do…

trying to make a right decision,
to do the right thing…

trying to believe,
to trust:
in themselves,
in others,
in you…

trying again
when they’ve tried so many times before
and are tired of trying -
yet trying to try again…

I meet so many folks who are trying, Lord...

So, I offer you this morning
all the efforts of all of us who try:
who try to know, love and serve you
in all we do…

I offer you our good intentions, Lord:
forgive our false starts,
give us fresh starts
and the hope we need to try again…

I offer you our earnest desires
and ask, Lord, that you keep us honest:
show us how we so easily con ourselves
and remind us that to be honest with ourselves
is to be honest with you…

I offer you all our redoubled efforts, Lord,
and pray you redouble the grace
that is yours to give,
that we so much need
and is ours for the asking…

I offer you our desire, Lord,
to choose what is true, good, healthy and pure
and when we settle for less
give us the desire to desire more:
more of what is good, good for us
and good for our life with you and with others…

I offer you our need, Lord,
for you to deepen our trust,
refresh our hope,
renew our strength
and give us the will
to live one day at a time…

Be patient with us, Lord,
and give us patience with each other
as each of us tries
and tries again

to live according to your will and Word,
this Monday morning
and every day and night this week.

Amen.

-ConcordPastor

3 comments:

  1. perfect for another rainy Monday. Thanks. I could not have said it better myself !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever, MDR: wish I'd thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!