10/14/09

Early morning on Warner's Pond, West Concord


Image: David Karr (click on image for larger version)

Although not as famous as the other pond in my parish (Walden), Warner's Pond is a beautiful place. David Karr captured the scene above this past weekend from his kayak. This and several other photos of the pond (and of the work of some beavers) are up on the Concord Magazine Blog.

And here's a poet's musing on the shore of yet another pond...

At Blackwater Pond

At Blackwater Pond the tossed waters have settled
after a night of rain.
I dip my cupped hands. I drink
a long time. It tastes
like stone, leaves, fire. It falls cold
into my body, waking the bones. I hear them
deep inside me, whispering
oh what is that beautiful thing
that just happened?

- Mary Oliver reads this poem here

-ConcordPastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!