11/14/09

Reflection in November, the month of All Souls


Image: Two Men Walking in a Field by Georges-Pierre Seurat

H/T to ConcordCarpenter for passing along this moving poem by JM Diaz. It will reach many hearts and in various ways but will resonate most deeply in the hearts of fathers and sons who have struggled to know and love each other.

The Greatest Man I Will Ever Know

Well I’m well aware
I know it all too well, I do.
I truly understand
What always in the end,
Comes true.

Your passing left me numb
‘twas a stab to the heart,
It cleaved our home in two
And carved our family apart,
Yes, it’s true.

Never told you, I loved you
Never admitted,
I looked up to you.
Never said that I’d miss you,
Yes, all this is true.

I think back everyday
To what your face would be today,
The things that you would say,
To your children of today,
It’s still true.

You forgave me all my sins,
Never let me down
Showed me through your grins,
Why I shouldn’t frown,
This is true.

Never told you, I loved you
Never admitted,
I looked up to you.
Never said that I’d miss you,
All of this is still true.

Now I have to wait,
To look upon your face
For the day that I die
To meet you on the other side,
It’ll be true.

- by JM Diaz at An Ulterior Motive


-ConcordPastor

1 comment:

  1. I know some people have trouble saying "I love you." But we, in my family, say it so often, it's an automatic response, "Good bye I love you."
    One day, upon receiving a wrong telephone number, I automatically said, "Goodbye, I love you."
    You know what the caller said.
    ?????
    "I love you too."

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!