1/19/10

A song from Haiti: "Be not afraid of death!"



I can't watch this video without thinking of Easter...

Beyond the deeply moving story here of the rescue of a woman trapped for six days in the tomb of a collapsed building, there is the amazing grace of her singing as she rises from what might have been her grave, "Be not afraid of death!"

I recall what I posted a few days ago, what I heard when I was in Haiti, "When God is all you have, you do not let go of your faith..."

H/T to Diana Macalintal for linking us to this video.
(You'll remember Diana from her Prayer after the Earthquake in Haiti.)


3 comments:

  1. ...speechless...
    yet again...

    (God knows my thoughts and words even before I do... )

    ...thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As ever, I am awed and humbled by the courage and skill of first responders in general, fire fighters in particular. I found this clip especially moving having just finished reading The Book of Mychal, a biography of Fr. Mychal Judge, chaplain to the NYFD, who died on 9/11.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CP,

    I don't know if you've seen this, but I was at the Pauline bookstore today in Dedham and the sisters were passing out flyers re: their website pauline.org where they have postings of original prayers written by many for the people of Haiti. They are asking as many people as possible to share the prayers with friends, post the booklet in bulletins, on blogs, etc. Just wanted to pass the word. The e-booklet is called "A World on Its Knees".

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!