3/12/10

Link of the Day: Blue Eyed Ennis

This occasional series features links to pages on my sidebar or to sites I've discovered in my cyber travels. This entry takes us to a beautifully eclectic blog, Blue Eyed Ennis, written by poet Philomena Ewing who offers on her blog's profile: "Irish. Catholic. My first collection of poetry, Floating in The Blue was published in 2007 and the second volume , Siempre Siempre Siempre, published in 2008, builds on my love of Spain and its people.My writing has appeared in numerous magazines worldwide."

I've not yet had a chance to read Phil's poetry but I've just ordered both books through Amazon.com.

Her blog is a delightful collage of posts on a wide sweep of matters spiritual, scriptural and artistic. There's a fresh, solid, personal perspective here worth your taking the time to investigate. I had decided to feature this blog even before I found two posts there on one of my favorite artists, James Tissot. Blue Eyed Ennis introduced me to a resource of Tissot's work James Tissot: The Life of Christ (also ordered!) and a Tissot I'd not seen before, Jesus Looking Through a Lattice (click on the image for a larger version):



Ewing offers two posts on Tissot and this image, here and here.

Blue Eyed Ennis loads a bit slowly, perhaps due to the large size of the graphics, but give it just a moment and you'll be pleased you did. I've added the link to my sidebar and encourage you to pay a visit.


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fr. Austin,
    I am hunbled by your comments on my blog and absolutely over the moon too !! This is a wonderful boost.
    Thank you so much for ordering my poetry books too. If you have any problems getting them please let me know as they were limited in numbers ( a small print run). I will post them to you if they are out of print.
    I will be away for the rest of the weekend in a lovely seaside town called St Ives in Cornwall( and believe it or not there are actual surfers there in all weathers !), but tomorrow afternoon Ireland are playing Wales in the Six Natiosn Rugby so I will be glued to the TV screen.
    Thank you once again for publicising my blog. It is just what I need !!
    Godbless you and keep up your good work. I have a lot to learn from you and a high standard to live up to !!
    Best regards
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful link, AF -- it has distracted me from getting the dogs out before the rain!
    -MDR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Blue Eyed Ennis- I've not read the blog regularly, but I have enjoyed every visit that I have made!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!