5/29/10

Scriptures for Trinity Sunday


Image: TheGardenHelper

Opening Prayer for Trinity Sunday

God, we praise you:
Father all-powerful,
Christ Lord and Savior,
Spirit of Love.
You reveal yourself in the depths of our being,
drawing us to share in your life and your love.
One God, three Persons,
be near to the people formed in your image,
close to the world your love brings to life.
We ask you this, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
one God, true and living, forever and ever.
Amen.

You'll find the scriptures and commentary on them - and hints for helping children prepare to hear the Word this Sunday - all at this earlier post.

Take a look at those scriptures - what would YOU preach this weekend?


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

3 comments:

  1. I feel I am taking somewhat of a risk here because what I saw and felt after reading the scriptures may not be what I "should" have seen...
    (and all that I felt I did not say here)
    ...but, since you asked...
    I would preach...
    something about the importance of patience-
    with God, with ourselves, with others-
    and trust-
    who and when we are certain, to the most certain we are capable of, that someone can and should be trusted.
    And practicing patience every day as we do our best (whatever 'best' looks like on any given day, depending on circumstances, etc)-
    trusting that what God promises us, all of us and also personally to each of us individually, will happen.

    ...or, something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too late for me to suggest what I would preach on for tomm !! I will give it a try anyway. The 2nd reading helps me understand that the Lord will help me endure whatever comes my way. This is how I can approach any challenge. If I did not have my faith in the Lord what would I do ? Who could I rely on ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: I completely agree with you- that is exactly how I feel- my faith in the Lord is everything- that is a bit too much (or not enough?) sometimes though...

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!