6/11/10

The end of the Novena to the Sacred Heart



Today is the last day of the Novena to the Sacred Heart I've been posting on my blog. It's been an interesting and fruitful experience.

Personally, it's been helpful to my own prayer life as I searched for different images of the Sacred Heart and pondered and prayed with them. I found Wendy Wright's Litany of the Sacred Heart a beautiful help for my own prayer. It was a day-to-day effort, not all prepared ahead of time, so it was nine days of focus on the Lord through a particular lens.

The novena occasioned an email "reunion" with KH whom I haven't seen for years: she was my source for the image for day 5 of the novena.

Apart from that email exchange, comment on the series was very light, indeed: just one comment, in the combox for day 8.

The novena is complete today, the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It's my plan, however, to post in similar fashion on the first Friday of each month, a day set aside by many for devotion to Jesus' Sacred Heart.

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, we place our trust in you!

-Image: Take My Heart by Gwen Meharg


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

2 comments:

  1. Dear Fr Fleming,
    I just want you to know how much I appreciate all your blogs and especially this Novena to the Sacred Heart. I don't remember anything about the Sacred Heart of Jesus from my childhood and all the pictures I just thought were kind of weird. Anyway, for some reason this year has been my year to notice this beautiful solemnity and rejoice in my heart for the love of Christ Jesus. Your Novena with the help of Wendy Wright was so inspiring to me. I have always thought of the devotion the the Sacred Heart of Jesus as an old fashioned tradition that I couldn't relate to but through your Novena not only did I relate to the devotion but I am inspired to continue on with the beautiful litany. Thank you again for helping me grow closer to God through your wonderful blogs. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Novena to the Sacred Heart. The spiritual reflections, scripture passages, and poetry were beautiful. The variety of images broadened my thinking about the Sacred Heart.

    A lovely way to close out the Year for Priests.

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!