7/5/10

Monday Morning Offering -100


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

I’ve been noticing, Lord,
how many good people,
really good people,
are part of my life…

generous people
who selflessly give…

those who are kind
without pretense or guile…

folks who forgive,
whose pardon is healing…

the ones who are holy
and don’t even know it…

folks who are gentle,
never harsh, rough or coarse…

those who are strong,
whose help lifts me up…

the ones who are pure
in thought, word and deed…

those of conviction
whose zeal never flags…

friends who are faithful
whose love never fades…

those who are happy
with genuine joy…

the honest ones, Lord,
whose truth is a gift…

folks of compassion
with patience unending…

friends who are loyal
when you need them the most…

those are helpful
before help is sought…

people of prayer
whose presence is peace…

Good people, good God,
so many good people
I’ve found in my life…

I lift them to you,
and pray for your blessing:
a reward for their labors,
the kiss of your peace…

They’re more generous and kind,
forgiving and holy,
gentler, stronger and purer by far,
more deeply convicted, faithful and joyful,
more honest, compassionate, loyal and helpful,
more prayerful

than I…

so make them my mentors
and teach me their ways,
with their goodness to guide
let me grow in your grace
and help me be good
as these very good people,
these people, my God,
whose goodness is yours…

Amen.



Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!