8/19/10

Does this "narrow gate" look familiar?


Image source: jlriderreports

Does the scene above look familiar? It should. It's the "other side" of the image on my earlier post on the Word for this coming weekend. In this coming Sunday's gospel we'll hear Jesus urge us:

Strive to enter through the narrow gate,
for many, I tell you, will attempt to enter
but will not be strong enough.

So, how about that narrow gate? the narrow entrance?

Is my heart focused on negotiating the narrowness of that portal? Do I have an eye on the prize? Or is my path one that meanders, wending without the boundaries I need to keep me on the Lord's path?

When people come from the east and the west and from the north and the south to recline at the table in kingdom of God, will the Master at the door recognize me when I stand outside knocking and saying, "Lord, open the door for me..."

Will the Lord know me and open for me?


You still have time to read, study, ponder, pray over the scriptures for this weekend. The texts, commentary on them and hints to help children prepare to hear the word can all be found here.


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

4 comments:

  1. OK! It might not be the same portal but both are in the same wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Is my heart focused on negotiating the narrowness of that portal? Do I have an eye on the prize? Or is my path one that meanders, wending without the boundaries I need to keep me on the Lord's path?"

    I'm afraid I have gotten lost...
    oh, Lord, please help me- give me boundaries- please make me focused and keep me on your path...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A prayer for those who may feel lost along the way...

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!