8/15/10

Food for thought on the Assumption


Mother of the Incarnate Word by William Hart Nichols

First course...

I'm away on vacation and not preaching so I have no homily to post this weekend (or next). But I'm pleased to share with you Deacon Greg Kandra's homily from The Deacon's Bench.

The deacon's homily begins with a reflection on the image posted above, Mother of the Incarnate Word by William Hart Nichols. I read Greg's homily every week and would nominate this as one of his best.

My recent posts in preparation for the Assumption have focused on the readings for the "Mass on the Day" of the Assumption but you'll note that Deacon Greg is preaching on the scriptures proclaimed at the Vigil Mass on August 14.

Second course...

Over at the Pray Tell Blog, Anthony Ruff offers us an excerpt from the collection, Prayer and Prophecy: The Essential Kenneth Leech. Leech is an Anglican priest from London, England. If you're thinking that the feast of the Assumption is a piety passed its time, think again - and read this reflection.

And dessert...
If you haven't taken a few minutes to sample some of this beautiful music, I hope you will today.

Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- thanks for the shout-out, CP! :-) I'm flattered and humbled. The feeling, you know, is mutual.

    I'll be joining you in the bliss of Vacation-land on Monday. The Deacon's Wife and I will be headed to the Maryland shore for two weeks.

    Blessings,
    Dcn. G.
    "The Deacon's Bench"

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!