8/30/10

Prayer to Accept Change



They say great minds think alike, so perhaps it's true that earnest souls pray alike!

Not far removed from the spirit of today's Monday Morning Offering is a prayer Diana Macalintal just posted on Pray Tell. While she wrote her prayer with the forthcoming changes in the Roman Missal in mind, I find it to be a prayer helpful for many seasons of change and I'm pleased to offer it here:

Prayer to Accept Change

Just when I thought I had it all figured out, Lord,
things change again.
When will I be able to rest
in the comfort of knowing what comes next?

You, who transcend all time,
who created the stars and set them in place,
you, who are ageless yet known in every age,
grant me the grace to accept
the changes that are happening.

Empty my heart of anxiety,
and fill it instead with wonder and awe.
Release me from the chains of complacency,
and bind me to your ever-moving Spirit.

When the things I believed to be permanent and stable
are left by the way side,
enfold me in your undying love
that I may remember in whom all things are bound.

When fear of something new paralyzes me,
and grief cripples me with anger
over the loss of what had been,
send your angels to give me a gentle push
over that frightening edge into the unknown,
so that I may learn to trust in you.

For you alone are eternal.
You alone are enduring.
You alone are the everlasting Lord.
And in you alone will this restless world find peace.
Amen.

Copyright © 2010, Diana Macalintal

Image: usmansheikh


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. The perfect prayer for me today. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!