10/5/10

Sacramental theology on an October afternoon

Image: Nature in Your Own Back Yard
One of the deacons in my parish closed his homily on Sunday with this wonderful piece from St. Francis of Assisi:

I once spoke to my friend, an old squirrel, about the Sacraments -
he got so excited and ran into a hollow in his tree 
and came back holding some acorns, an owl feather 
and a ribbon he found.

And I just smiled and said, "Yes, dear, you understand
everything imparts His grace."



Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. So today I decided to read some blogs online rather than via my reader and have I ever been rewarded. I just linked to this post on your blog over at this blog. They are related!

    Fran at work

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!