11/24/10

A blogging pastor's prayer on Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving by Norman Rockwell

Today I thank God
for the gift of faith:
that strength, power and source within
showing me the way,
guiding me in the dark,
making sure my unsteady step,
giving light for finding the truth
and hope for living in troubled times...

Today I thank God
for the gift of the Church:
that wounded, rag-tag, joyful company
of sinners and saints
whose faith (see above)
is our strength,
binding us to God...

Today I thank God
for all the people
around, behind and before me:
the ones who gave me life
and shaped my life;
those who bring me joy today
and hope for tomorrow;
and I thank God, too,
for the people I've not yet met...

Today I thank God
for the simple tools
I have for doing his work:
words, wonder, witness, wit and wisdom-
roughly in that order!

Today I thank God for you, my readers!
Aliased, named or anonymous
commenting or silent:
you are solidly more than half of an enterprise
that brings me more joy and peace than you know.

For being here, for reading, for commenting,
for sharing and spreading my posts,
for coming back again and again:
I thank God for you!

And may God bless you and yours this day!

Happy Thanksgiving Day!
978-369


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments
Thanksgiving2010

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful - and we thank God for you as well.
    Andie

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!