12/4/10

Advent Wreath: Week Two



As we light the second candle on the Advent wreath,
let's pray for the gift of faith...

for the deepening of faith in those who have it...
for the gift of faith for those who seek it...
for the strengthening of faith in those who doubt...
for those whose faith is shaken and broken...
for the awakening of faith in those who desire its experience...
for faith seeking understanding...
for faith that leads to action...
for peoples of all faiths and for people of no faith...
for the harmony and unity of different faiths...

God, give me
the faith I need to live,
the faith I need to love,
the faith I need to believe,
the faith I need to act,
the faith I need to go on...
the faith I need to speak,
the faith I need to serve,
the faith I need to share,
the faith I need to be still,
the faith I need to pray...
God, give me faith in you,
faith in my neighbor
and faith in myself.

Amen.


 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 
yearofgrace2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!