12/21/10

The O Antiphons - Dec 22 - King of All Nations!


Image by Scott Foy

(More information on the O Antiphons)

December 22
O King of All Nations



O King of all nations, the only joy of every human heart:   O Keystone of the mighty arch of humankind, Come and save the creatures you fashioned from the dust. 


Oh, come, Desire of nations, bind
In one the hearts of humankind;

Bid all our sad divisions cease,

And be for us the King of Peace.


Isaiah had prophesied, “For a child is born to us, a son is given us; upon his shoulder dominion rests. They name him Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero, Father-Forever, Prince of Peace.” (9:5), and “He shall judge between the nations, and impose terms on many peoples. They shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; one nation shall not raise the sword against another, nor shall they train for war again.” (2:4) .

Rise like the dawn, Lord,
and let the rays of your sun
warm the chill in my heart,
the sadness in my soul...

Disperse the clouds of fear and anxiety,
chase from the corners of my heart
whatever keeps me from the joy you bring...

Draw me from my own darkness
into the light of your presence
and let me know the peace you offer me...

In these dark December days
and in all the seasons of my soul,
d
raw near, Lord, warm and bright,
and be the light upon my path...


Amen.


 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!