3/28/11

Monday Morning Offering - 137


Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza

On most days of Lent, we'll turn to the Psalms as our source for prayer but on Monday's, to the regular Morning Offering and on Saturdays, to a Marian litany...

Good morning, good God!

In my corner of the universe
spring waits, about to wake, ready to rise
from the still-cold ground through patches of snow
to air fresh with late March sun,
through earth thirsty for April’s rains…

I know that spring will come, Lord:
a blooming green triumph over winter’s sway,
with breezes sweeping clean the sidewalks,
the paths that lead to summer’s rest…

I'm sure that spring will come, Lord,
but I pray a springtime deep within my soul:
a rising of hope from a winter-chilled heart
through remnants of sin and hurt
to a mind thawed of worried fears,
to a spirit fresh with mercy’s morning dew...

I offer you my heart this morning, Lord,
waiting to wake, ready to rise,
to be raised, to be lifted up
by your loving hand…

Rise, Lord and spring within me
in blooming graced victory
Breathe on me and sweep clean
the pathways of my heart!

Spring clean my soul for April’s Easter
and resurrect my hope in you
and in your season of grace without end:
waken the springtime of your life within me...

And make me mindful of others
waking from their own wintry days:
make us patient with each other, Lord,
while we wait on your spring's coming...

All this I offer this morning, Lord,
all this I pray this day
and through this week...

Amen.

(Click here for an archive of Monday Morning Offerings) 


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!