3/30/11

This wound is too deep for me to heal...

Image source

Again, Alden Solovy offers us a powerful prayer at his site, To Bend Light.

We cross paths with others who are wounded in many different ways -- and we know our own wounds, as well.  Alden's prayer brings us, who easily become lost in our woundedness,  to the One from whom all healing flows.

Let us pray...

This Wound

G-d of my heart,
This wound is too deep for me to heal
Without You,
Your power and Your grace.
Remove the walls of grief that separate me from
Your love and Your blessings.
You call us to life,
To hope,
To service,
To seek and to do,
To heal and to complete Your creation.

G-d of gentle moments,
I surrender my life to
Your awesome works,
Your secret ways.
Reunite me with myself,
With my fellows
And with the world,
To do Your will in humble service.

Blessed are You,
Your love is eternal.

© 2011 Alden Solovy and www.tobendlight.com. All rights reserved.

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

2 comments:

  1. Pastor
    I continue to be awed when people use my prayers. Thank you for sharing this (and others) with your readers, your congregation. I pray never to lose that sense of awe and wonder.
    B'shalom,
    Alden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for introducing me to this site.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!