5/6/11

Good days and bad days

Image: Life in Cat's Pyjamas

Some days are painful, dark
and hard to endure:
they last too long.

I've had plenty of those days
and perhaps you know them, too.

Some days are a joy:
drenched in light, filled with grace,
they make all life worth living.

I've had those days, too, but not, I think,
enough of them.

And then comes a day, a hard, heavy day,
when, unexpected, peace breaks through, eases,
heals and blesses the soul.

Such a day I had today
and for it
I thank God
and pray the same for you.



 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one Fr Austin - yes, thank God for the moments that lift our submerged souls and demand a smile !
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!