5/9/11

Monday Morning Offering - 143


Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

Finally, Lord,
it's time to open my windows,
too long closed to frost and chill,
this spring so late in coming...

There's new life in the fresh air
gently sweeping the corners of my rooms,
airing out the last of winter's stale ghosts...

But more than my rooms
long for the gift of fresh air...

Will you open the windows of my heart, Lord?
the windows of my life?

Will you open the windows of my mind
and refresh me with the Spirit's winds
of wisdom and understanding?

Will you open the windows of my heart
and fill my soul's lungs with fresh grace?
Help me inhale, deeply, what you breathe in me, Lord:
let your breath become mine
until you and I breathe of one Spirit...

Will you open the windows of my imagination
and spring clean the closets of my dreams and desires?
Will you air out what's musty within
and breathe to new life what's fresh and pure?

Will you open the windows of my will, Lord,
refreshing my resolve to do what is good,
to love what is just,
to walk humbly by your side?

Will you open the windows of my conscience
and fill me with the daylight of your Word,
the counsel of your truth,
the courage of my convictions?

Sitting by an open window this morning, Lord,
I offer you the windows of my life:
open them wide,
then breeze and blow, even bluster your way in
and fill me with all you have to offer...

Open the windows of my days, Lord,
and open me to others' needs
and to the care that others offer me...

For this season of open windows
and the warmth and light they invite
I thank and praise you, Lord
this morning, this day and all this week...

Amen. 


 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful; just what i needed!!!
    Thanks!
    JW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to your Monday morning thoughts. Today's were just what I needed. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid that it is too early to leave the windows open....brr!

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!