6/14/11

Late have I loved you...

Heart Aflame by Anne Cameron Cutri

From the Confessions of St. Augustine

Late have I loved you,
O Beauty ever ancient, ever new, late have I loved you!
You were within me, but I was outside,
and it was there that I searched for you.
In my unloveliness I plunged into the lovely things which you created.
You were with me, but I was not with you.
Created things kept me from you;
yet if they had not been in you they would have not been at all.
You called, you shouted, and you broke through my deafness.
You flashed, you shone, and you dispelled my blindness.
You breathed your fragrance on me;
I drew in breath and now I pant for you.
I have tasted you, now I hunger and thirst for more.
You touched me, and I burned for your peace.

- St. Augustine


 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. Father Fleming--My computer had a virus so I wasn't able to read Monday's morning offering until today. What a beautiful prayer and these two prayers today--the Holy Spirit must be so happy!! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!