6/23/11

Rainy day prayer

Photo: Joseph Dannels

A good friend (also a pastor whose days off are midweek) remarked the other night about how much snow and rain we've had on Wednesdays and Thursdays beginning with this past winter.  I have no meteorological stats on this and I'm willing to concede that our perspective might be biased - but I think he's right!

Anyway... it brought to mind this prayer I posted last June and it seems appropriate to share it once again.


Rain, rain...

Jesus,
let your healing soak me
like the rain:
your mercy, a heavy downpour,
your reign, a summer shower.

Soak me, drench and all but drown me!

Leave me dripping
with moist anointings
of your touch:
my toes and every inch of me
refreshed and cleansed
in healing showers.

Lift my face to rejoice
in the rain of your love:
let me drink it in
and drink it down,
deeply.

Give me the thirst
that only you can quench
and lead me
by a river of your blessings.

Rain, rain,
rain of my Savior:
oh, never go away...


 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. oh, yes-

    "Rain, rain...
    oh, never go away..."

    I am a person who has a VERY high tolerance for heat and humidity-
    and I do like the heat-

    but, the rain, especially in the summer, is especially comforting, healing, renewing...

    last summer we had virtually NO rain-
    and I could not and will not go through another summer like that-
    (and I'm not just talking about the rain)

    thank you for this rainy day prayer...

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!