6/4/11

They were devoted with one accord to prayer...

Image: NEChristianChurch


Homily for the Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time

(You'll find the scriptures for this Sunday's liturgy here)

This is an unusual weekend on my parish liturgical schedule. Two of my deacons are assigned to preach, one of my regular weekend priests is celebrating one Mass and I'm pleased to welcome one of our archdiocese's newly ordained priests to celebrate another Mass. That leaves yours truly presiding at two Masses but without a preaching assignment. Rare weekends like this one make me keenly aware of how preparing to preach and preaching are so constitutive of my Fri-Sat-Sun routine!

Looking for a good on-line homily?  Have a seat on the Deacon's Bench and you won't be disappointed.

 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!